Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Ruminations of an idle mind

Empty vessels make more noise

Well, now I know how did the people (who sat together at the beginning of time to conjure up all these weird phrases to be incorporated into the language known as English) come up with this particular phrase.
Apparently (and I am speaking through personal experience), the moment people are idle, they start talking.
You won't believe it how much can they talk. Every living second of their idle time is spent in talking (for the betterment of society or with the intention of wiping out humanity? I cannot comment on that :mg: ).
So this post of mine is dedicated to my ruminations on how much can people speak. :D

According to me, people can speak in the following ways

Physically

This is probably the most common type of "talking". Idle people sitting around in a circle talking about everything under the moon, sun and the sky with apparently no more than passing interest in each of the topics discussed.
How many times have we seen dudes/dudettes sitting around in their rooms in their final eyar discussing about what has happened in the past 3 years. I mean, come on... we have lived those years already, why do we talk about it. Simply, because we have nothing better to do.
A classical example of the same would be oldies (ala people in the MDH ads) sitting near the entry of your mohalla chewing tobacco/paan or something and discussing.. hehehehe Ultimate scene... and the cause is very apparent! They have nothing better to do...

E-motionally


This is the latest in a new series of speaking out loud ways but a lot more common than some of the older ones. So me feels me has to write about this before me goes to other topics. :D
So what do people do now?? They sit infront of the latest series of idiot boxes/slave driving equipment/dating medium/ computers :D and chat their hearts out!
I feel its basically the exasperation of everyone around oneself which drives people to move on to this medium. I mean look at it this way, what option does a person opening up a page have besides reading through everything which has been written over there? After all, even he is as idle as the next person!!
So what the end result is, that people can spend entire years infront of their monitors doing nothing but chatting through their fingers and giving vent to all the idle energy pent up inside of them!!! :D

Read-a-lot

Well, a not so novel way of what we term as "bakar"... The read-a-lot syndrome.. :D

Let me clarify myself. Imagine a dude, who has no-one around him who can talk to him easily. No-one seems to share the same interests as that dude. But then, even such a (lets term him a "sahdev" right now, for the want of a better word) sahdev wants to talk, to chatter but is put down by the (his view point) mediocre society he lives in. At this point of time he is bitten by the Read-a-lot bug. In this syndrome, he generally picks up an author (the one closest to his heart) and finishes him (as in, not kills him d-uh).
This sort of stimulates an imaginative spirit in the dude, something which he did not even imagine existed! Thus making up of bakar. Albeit this is probably the least noisy forms of talkativeness, but to the person involved, he is actually indulging himself in the act in the only way he can!! :D

Write something

This is probably the height of bakar, or rather making "noise". This usually indicates that a person has ventured in all possible avenues, conquered them and still has free time remaining. Now since it is almost impossible (for every person with non einsteinic brain) to do anything constructive in that time, the person in question takes it upon himself that it is but his duty to write down a few of his thoughts!
Now this can come in Hard copies (eg. paperback novels which you all read), mails or maybe even these kind of blogs (yup I do confess, I do have a lot of free time at hand).


I think I have taken enough time to prepare this thing and all of the people reading this know me well enough that what I have spoken, I actually practice!!!

All of this was just to prove one thing and one thing alone...

MAN GIMME SOMETHING TO DO... I AM SITTING JOBLESS OVER HERE...




2 comments:

Shubhankar said...

OMG... it isn't becoming of such a renowned exponent of Chaat & Bakar (hope u recognize urself :D) to downplay your own trade....

U want something to do..?? One day i shall make u sit down in front of me & listen to my entire life story..!!(Dont worry...it "ONLY" covers 21 years in time..!! :D)

Anarchy said...

hmmm
if you say so....
but then.. you must realise for me to think up of this load of crap... I must be jobless for sure!!!