Thursday, April 19, 2007

F.R.I.E.N.D.S ---- Act 1 Scene 1

College?? Was it that long back???....


Well, recently... I went to my college, and actually managed to feel nostalgic!!! :o

I don't know, was it really that long back?? that I went to college..
That I attended classes (and a lot of them), Went to the gate shop, that I spent time chatting with people, that I had to move 2 rooms and be in the room of another friend, that I was so much into the things that I did not have time to breathe???

Well, I guess 12 months is a very short time to some. But for people like me, it is more like a lifetime.. Because, that was the time people like me actually got out and did something with their lives. :D

I have tried to live back some of those things over here... Writing stuff about some of my friends, Something which I know will go unread by those friends.. but then, this is a very personal space.. isn't it ;-)

Department Dudes




Popat
Here is a gem of a dude. MY very very best friend of Chemical Dept.. Mr Srikant Anand Panchbhai aka popat!
Now as you can see... He is full of Muscles.. Similar to Venkatapathy Raju of India (age old dude)... What do I miss about him... His constant lamentations about the department are the first things which come to my mind.
See, the teachers which we had.. they were kinda inclined towards the fairer sex... and since neither of us were *ahem ahem* fair :D , and constituted the bottom quarter of the dept, well lets just say we had common interests!!!

About him.. the perfect friend any person (especially one as talkative as me) might have, because the forte of popat is.. that he listens.. and cares!!! Man.. Who will believe that this is a dude who doesn't mind spilling virtual blood at every opportunity!!! He takes care in such a good way.. that I can't fuckin say anything negative abt this dude!!!
Rock on Popat!!!



Swamiji

As I was saying, the initial few days in the department, and the following days in the department, and the following days in the hostels, I was able to cope only with the aid of these two dudes, popat and Swamiji aka Vijay Singh Bisht.
Well let me make it very clear, this guy is not at all interested in the mundane things of life, feelings emotions, hard work, ambition, etc etc ;-) (albeit he doesn;t mind the money). The one thing he is interested in is, making sure people around him do not downplay him. Which I was kinda careful about.
Hailing from the state of Uttaranchal, the pahari l**d has given us umpteen fundas ranging from "this" to "that" (I can't really put it in public view what all this dude has said abt so many things). A supremely interesting character, he generally claims the people around him to be chaat .
He can help you if he wants to, but then he generally never did want to help people (as he was too busy getting himself out of so many troubles).
The number of classes he has made bearable for me are kinda unprecedented!!! SO I'll just leave it at this... He is an asshole to the core... but he is one of the best friends I had in the dept!!! :P

No comments: