Wednesday, February 7, 2007

My Job responsibilities (if I have any)

ok.. So what if I am asked.. "What do you do in the company besides surfing the net"

Well, an honest answer would have been..
"Sir, I do pretty much nothing except maybe wasting my time online writing in PG.com or something like orkutting or chatting"

but then, I am not an absolute Raja Harishchandra now, am I :mg:
So here goes

"I work in IBM Applications on Demand in the capacity of a Solutions Architect of the ERP software named Oracle Applications which includes Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle Financials. (This should impress them a bit) I work in the back end of the sales procedure of my company. This means that whenever the sales people go and initiate talks with a new client, they get a questionnaire filled about the details of the customers (the details are confidential, incidentally :mg: ) which they send to us. Based on the details, we design the hardware architecture for them. After which my team prepares an indicative pricing of the deal which encompasses the clients' needs. These go for further negotiation and after getting the deal, we revise the h/w architecture.... And make a concrete deal..."

Now people reading this. I have got this confirmed that this is the best way to go about my aprticular job responsibilities. The steps I am trying to follow are
1) Nature of work of my industry
2)Nature of my work
3)Where does my work fit in the grander scheme so to speak

and done..
And after this I am prepared to come up with facts and fiction to support my statements. And maybe end with a witty statement like " So you see sir, my work has nothing to do with the internet at all"
and be done with it..

hehehehe
so guys reading this... feedback.. what am I doing correct, wrong etc etc :mg:

1 comment:

Sunil Natraj said...

Now this is classic stuff... Solves one of my problems. :)